Thursday, May 24, 2012

DIY Bangle Bracelet



 Well, this is a random craft for me but it was fun and very easy and very cheap!  I was inspired by some of the bracelets out there right now, fabric wrapped and embroidery wrapped here, check out these bangles from Ann Taylor Loft here... I also thought these were so cute from Akka design.  Anyways this project cost me almost nothing, the bangle I got from Jo-Ann Fabrics for 97 cents!  I already had the tulle and beads. I buy my tulle at Hobby Lobby, I love this size you can use it for many things and it comes in so many fun colors.
I cut about 2 yards of tulle (wasn't sure how much I would need) so I could easily wrap the tulle around the bracelet.
 Tie a simple knot on the inside of the bangle and cut the access tulle from the knot then start wrapping!  Wrap so the tulle lays nice and flat and pull tightly, you don't want it to be too loose.
 Once you are done wrapping the whole bangle and you return to where your knot is wrap over that so it lays smooth on the inside, I then just pulled my end of tulle underneath another layer and then carefully glued it down (tulle is obviously very fine material be careful not to glue too much or it will melt.)  
 Here it is!  You can either leave it simple or you can add whatever you want!  I tried sewing some beads on it and it turned out cute. You can also add other colors of tulle, ribbon, or wrap layers of embroidery thread.  I love how the tulle makes it look shimmery!


3 comments: