Tuesday, May 8, 2012

DIY HEADBOARD if you can't afford the one you want!

So we have been married eight years almost and we have never really had much bedroom furniture, I guess it's just never been on our priority list and you know how it is things always come up...like having babies and stuff like that.  Anyways I was tired of looking at such an empty space above my bed that I did something about it today.  I think it looks cute but maybe it's because I was just so proud of hanging them myself and they didn't look crooked!  Anyway, here it is.  




Most everything is stuff I have picked up from antique/thrift stores over the years and so really if I had to put a total on this it wouldn't be very much.  Even the pillows are made from a table cloth from the 50's.  

4 comments:

  1. Such a good idea! I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really nice. You have a nice mix of rustic, new and shiny. I love the placement of everything too. Very nicely done. And by the way, we have the same problem. Although, above our bed is still a plain, white wall. I have yet to get to that. :)

    ReplyDelete